History

The History of Grace Lutheran Church

Former Pastors
Stanley Olsen 1940
A.T. Daniels 1940-1949
Oris Sougstad 1950-1952
V.O. Johnson 1953-1960
John M. Moe 1961-1966
Norval Hegland 1967-1970
John Youngerberg 1970-1977
Marlin Haugrud 1977-1989
Emil Greiner (Moe) 1990-1994
James Schwartz 1994-1999
Larry Jerke 2000-2011
Don Reiffenberger 2011-present
60 years in the life of a church
September 1940 Organization of Grace Lutheran
July 23, 1947 Maple Grove Church, Irene SD, purchased and moved to Parker
May 30, 1948 Dedication of First Church
January 11, 1954 Mortgage Burning Celebration
June 29, 1969 Ground breaking for new church
September, 1970 Dedication of new church
November 21, 1976 Mortgage Burning Celebration
May 21, 1989 Groundbreaking for expansion
October 22, 1989 Dedication of new edition
June 10, 1990 50th Anniversary celebration
November 1999 Mortgage burning celebration
November 5, 2000 60th Anniversary celebration
October 17, 2010 70th Anniversary celebration
September 13, 2015 75th Anniversary celebration
From our beginning in 1940 with 42 members, Grace Lutheran Church has grown to a membership of 377 baptized members. With grateful hearts, we give thanks and praise to God for His blessings upon our congregation over the past 75 years.

 

%d bloggers like this: